1. Take a 4-quart kettle or Dutch oven and pour water into it and add peas. Allow them to soak overnight or quickly soak them in water sometime before cooking and drain off.
2. Drain the water and stir in carrots, marjoram, onion, salt and cloves.
3. Cook over low heat for about half an hour until the peas turn soft.
4. Stir in pork and cook over low heat for another 1 ½ hours until the pork has lost its pinkness.
5. Take out the pork and cut it into ½ inch cubes.
6. Cool soup and puree it in blender by adding little by little at time.
7. Reheat the soup, and pour it into the tureen and add pork cubes. Stir well.
8. Serve the split pea soup with pork and pair it with pasta.