Elegant Zucchini And Red Bell Pepper Soup
|Zucchini||5 , peeled and sliced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs) (canned or fresh)|
|Red bell peppers||4 , roasted and peeled|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cumin seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Toasted cumin||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
1) To prepare the soup base, bring the onion, zucchini and stock to the boil and simmer gently for about 25 minutes.
2) Puree the roasted bell peppers and yogurt in a blender or food processor.
3) With about 1 teaspoon of the ground cumin, add the soup base in batches and blend till smooth.
4) Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and more cumin if needed.
5) Ladle the soup into individual bowls and serve hot or cold. Chill if serving cold, or simply serve at room temperature. If serving hot, reheat the soup without boiling and serve. Garnish with cumin seeds if preferred.