Elegant Zucchini and Red Bell Pepper Soup
|Zucchini||5 , peeled and sliced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs) (canned or fresh)|
|Red bell peppers||4 , roasted and peeled|
|Plain yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cumin seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Toasted cumin||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
1) To prepare the soup base, bring the onion, zucchini and stock to the boil and simmer gently for about 25 minutes.
2) Puree the roasted bell peppers and yogurt in a blender or food processor.
3) With about 1 teaspoon of the ground cumin, add the soup base in batches and blend till smooth.
4) Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and more cumin if needed.
5) Ladle the soup into individual bowls and serve hot or cold. Chill if serving cold, or simply serve at room temperature. If serving hot, reheat the soup without boiling and serve. Garnish with cumin seeds if preferred.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1073 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.6 mg24.2%
Sodium 2696.3 mg112.3%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.4%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.4%
Sugars 77.9 g
Protein 64 g127.7%
Vitamin A 363.8% Vitamin C 1386.9%
Calcium 63.7% Iron 84.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet