Asparagus and Salmon Soup
|Canned cut asparagus spears||10 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 can, Green Giant)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cubed peeled potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken flavor instant bouillon/1 chicken flavor bouillon cube||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh dill weed/1/2 teaspoon dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Half and half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned salmon||7 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, chunked (1 can, Pink or Red)|
1. Drain the asparagus and reserve the liquid.
2. Put asparagus aside.
3. Add water to the asparagus liquid to make it 1 cup.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat margarine.
5. Add the onion and cook until tender, stir in between.
6. Add asparagus liquid, potato and bouillon, and stir.
7. Bring the contents to boil.
8. Decrease heat; cook under cover for 10 to 15 minutes until potato is well cooked.
9. Puree asparagus spears and potato mixture using a blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade,.
10. Add puree into 2-quart bowl; add dill weed, white pepper, lemon juice and half-and-half, and stir.
11. Then add salmon and stir.
12. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours until fully chilled.
13. Stir before serving.
14. Use lemon twists for garnish or as desired.
15. Serve hot.
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.1 mg19.4%
Sodium 610.4 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 49.2%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet