Cheddar Cheese Soup
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable broth/Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|Condensed cream of potato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Pasteurized process cheese spread||8 Ounce (1 jar)|
1. In a large saucepan add onion, carrot, celery and vegetable broth.
2. Mix well and bring to boil.
3. Decrease heat , cook covered over simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are done.
4. In a small bowl mix cornstarch and water.
5. Add it to the broth mixture.
6. Bring to boil and decrease heat.
7. Stir in Cheddar cheese, potato soup and cheese spread.
8. Whisk the cheese until mixture is combined.
9. Gently heat but do not boil.
10. Serve immediately.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.5 mg18.5%
Sodium 1696.9 mg70.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 41.1% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 52.7% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet