Jeannine's Zucchini Soup
|Zucchini||4 , thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Onions||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|White potato||1 Small, peeled and thinly sliced|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (may use more)|
|Fresh chives||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a heavy pan, heat the butter.
3) Add the zucchini, green pepper, onions, and garlic and saute over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are soft, but not browned.
4) Stir in potato, salt and pepper, thyme, and chicken stock, stirring well.
5) Raise the heat, cover the pot, and bring the soup to the boil.
6) Immediately lower heat, partially uncover the pot, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender.
7) By now the thyme leaves will have fallen away from the stalks.
8) Remove the woody stalks, leaving the leaves in the soup.
9) Let the soup cool and then ladle it into a food processor and puree.
10) Chill for at least 12 hours.
11) Before serving, add as much of the cream as you like and season to taste.
12) Garnish each serving with minced parsley and a few chives.
13) It can be made a day or two ahead.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2350 Calories from Fat 1311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g228.9%
Saturated Fat 84.1 g420.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 453 mg151%
Sodium 3357 mg139.9%
Total Carbohydrates 195 g65.1%
Dietary Fiber 26.9 g107.8%
Sugars 74.8 g
Protein 76 g152.4%
Vitamin A 189.3% Vitamin C 567.7%
Calcium 62.9% Iron 72.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet