Pure De Garbanzos
|Beef broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Bouquet garni||1 (Hierbas de olor)|
1. Take a bowl and add garbanzo beans and pour lots of water over it and soak them overnight. Or Quickly soak the beans and drain.
2. Add soaked garbanzos into a pot along with onion, carrots, bacon strips, beef broth and hierbas de olor and simmer over low heat for about 4 hours until the garbanzos become tender.
3. Keep on stirring the mixture to avoid sticking and stir in more broth if required.
4. Take out the bacon and vegetables and chop.
5. Remove the hierbas de olor
6. Puree garbanzos by adding it to the blender and cook it in pot along with carrots, bacon and onion.
7. Season with salt and reheat the mixture.
8. Lighten the puree with broth.
9. Serve the Pour De Garbanzos with a herb bundle consisting of 1 bay leaf, and sprig of oregano, thyme and marjoram.