Red Pepper Soup
|Red bell peppers||3 Large, halved lengthwise, seeded|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Canned italian plum tomatoes||28 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Dry red wine/Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cocktail vegetable juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. On a broiler pan arrange pepper halves cut side down.
2. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 15 minutes until charred.
3. Take off pan and keep in a plastic bag.
4. Keep aside for 10 minutes to steam.
5. Peel pepper skin and chop finely.
6. In large saucepan melt margarine over medium heat.
7. Stir in onion and fry until tender.
8. In a blender container add tomatoes and chopped peppers. Puree until smooth.
9. Mix it to the onion.
10. Add wine, dill weed, salt and pepper. Blend well.
11. Bring to boil and cook over reduced heat.
12. Stir in between and simmer for 20 minutes.
13. Add vegetable and simmer for 5 minutes.
14. Serve with sliced green onions.
Calories 257 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 752.9 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 101.3% Vitamin C 270.2%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet