Lentil and Bacon Soup
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Bacon strip||3 , finely chopped|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Beef stock/Chicken stock||2 Quart|
|Pimientos||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into strips|
1. Soak lentils in water along with salt and pepper for about an hour and drain off water.
2. Take a pan and fry bacon in it and remove when lightly fried.
3. Stir in onions and saute in bacon fat until they turn golden brown.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and cook at low heat for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in bacon, lentils, and stock and cook at low heat for about 45 minutes and remove from heat.
6. Whisk egg yolks into a cup of soup and add the mixture back to cooked soup.
7. Add pimientos to the soup.
8. Serve the lentil and bacon soup along with rice or noodles.