Hearty Bean and Pasta Soup
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Elbow spaghetti/Small ditalini pasta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baby lima beans/8 ounce canned butter beans||9 Ounce, undrained (Green Giant Harvest, Fresh Frozen)|
|Beefy onion soup mix||1 3⁄20 Ounce, dry|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pork and beans||16 Ounce, undrained (2 Cups)|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce, undrained, cut up to make 2 cups|
1. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven boil water.
2. Add pasta, celery, lima beans, soup mix and basil.
3. Bring to boil.
4. Decrease heat and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until done.
5. Add pork, beans and tomatoes. Cook until heated.
6. Garnish with shredded cheese.
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.3%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.96%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.5 mg3.8%
Sodium 1211.6 mg50.5%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.9%
Dietary Fiber 21.8 g87.2%
Sugars 12.3 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 18.4%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet