Jewish Bean, Vegetable, and Noodle Soup
|Marrow beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Jumbo Sized)|
|Beef stock/Chicken stock / soup||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Coarsely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Small, seeded and chopped|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
|Canned tomatoes/Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Noodle squares||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Plaetchen)|
1. Soak beans in water overnight or quickly soak them and drain the water.
2. Take a large soup kettle, and add stock and beans and boil it. Simmer after reducing heat, by keeping the kettle covered. Cook until the beans turn soft, but still firm.
3. Take a saucepan and heat some oil, cook celery, onion, and green pepper in it for about 5 minutes. Keep on stirring constantly.
4. Stir the onion mixture into the soup along with remaining ingredients and cook over low heat for next 35 minutes.
5. Season as per the taste preferences.
6. Serve the Jewish bean, vegetable and noodle soup as a complete meal. Thin it by adding more stock during the time of serving.
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.8 mg2.6%
Sodium 1598.1 mg66.6%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 12.1% Vitamin C 33.5%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet