Pork and Hominy Soup
|Pork ribs||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and quartered|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cold water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned white hominy||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each)|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shredded lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Radishes||6 , washed and sliced|
1) In a Dutch oven, place together pork ribs, onion, garlic, chicken broth, cold water, salt and pepper.
2) Heat and bring to boil.
3) Lower the heat, put the lid on and cook for1 hour.
4) Pour of the liquid from hominy, rinse under cold running water.
5) Mix the hominy with pork mixture and cook for 1 hour more.
6) Take the ribs out of the broth allow to cool.
7) Pull od the meat from bones and discard the bones.
8) Using a spoon skim the fat from broth and discard.
9) Mix in chili powder, put the lid on and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
10) decorate with cilantro and Serve hot
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.6%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 171.6 mg57.2%
Sodium 1875.5 mg78.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.4%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 49 g97.4%
Vitamin A 119% Vitamin C 54.4%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet