Mushroom and Rice Soup
|Chicken stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped mint/Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Chop the mushrooms and onions.
2) In a heavy soup pot, heat the butter.
3) Add the chopped vegetables and cook till tender.
4) Add the flour and stir till smooth.
5) Add the stock, stirring, and bring the contents to a boil.
6) Add the bay leaf and rice and reduce the heat. Cover the pot and simmer gently for about 15 to 20 minutes.
7) Take out and discard the bay leaf. Taste the soup and, as needed, add the salt and pepper to season.
8) Ladle the hot soup into individual soup bowls, sprinkle mint and parsley over each serving and serve while still piping hot. Toasted bread makes a good accompaniment to this delectable appetizer.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1085 Calories from Fat 464
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.7%
Saturated Fat 27.3 g136.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.8 mg44.3%
Sodium 2133.5 mg88.9%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.6%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 45 g90.2%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 48.2%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet