Quick Potato Onion Soup
|Finely chopped onions/Finely sliced leeks||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Half-and-half||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mashed potato flakes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hungry Jack)|
|Hot pepper sauce||3 Drop|
|Chopped fresh parsley/Shredded cheese / croutons||1 Tablespoon|
1. Put a large saucepan over medium heat. Add margarine, cook onions, carrots and celery for 5 minutes until crisp-tender.
2. Stir in milk and half-and-half.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Decrease heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add potato flakes, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring in between.
7. Decorate with chopped parsley, shredded cheese or croutons.
8. Serve immediately.
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.7 mg20.6%
Sodium 539.9 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 11 g21.8%
Vitamin A 132% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 35.4% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet