Hearty Bean Soup
|Chopped parsnip||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry great northern beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Smoked ham hocks/Ham shanks||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a 5 quarter slow cooker add parsnips, carrots and onion.
2. Place beans on top.
3. Add water, ham, garlic, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
4. Cook covered on high for 6-7 hours until beans are done.
5. Let it cool.
6. Remove the meat and bones.
7. Cut the meat into bite-size pieces.
8. Transfer to slow cooker.
9. Heat thoroughly.
10. Serve hot.