Escarole Lentil Soup
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Escarole||1 Pound, shredded (1 Small Head)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a Dutch oven and heat oil and stir in onions, parsley and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add water, lentils and boil the mixture. Cover and cook at low heat for about an hour until the lentils turn soft.
3. Add salt, escarole, and pepper and cook over low heat for 10 more minutes until the escarole gets wilted.
4. Add more water if required.
5. Serve the escarole lentil soup after topping with Parmesan cheese.