Curried Split Pea Soup
|Yellow split peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Bacon strips||4 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a large kettle and add yellow split peas, water, bacon strips, onion and garlic clove.
2. Cover and cook over low heat until the peas are tender.
3. Stir in carrots, celery, curry powder and tomatoes.
4. Cover and continue to cook over low heat until the vegetables turn soft.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the curried split pea soup after garnishing with green onion.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1292 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.8 mg3.9%
Sodium 1363.3 mg56.8%
Total Carbohydrates 219 g73.2%
Dietary Fiber 81.4 g325.7%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 77 g154.3%
Vitamin A 540.6% Vitamin C 190.4%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 116.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet