Curried Split Pea Soup
|Yellow split peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Bacon strips||4 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Take a large kettle and add yellow split peas, water, bacon strips, onion and garlic clove.
2. Cover and cook over low heat until the peas are tender.
3. Stir in carrots, celery, curry powder and tomatoes.
4. Cover and continue to cook over low heat until the vegetables turn soft.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the curried split pea soup after garnishing with green onion.