|Water||350 Milliliter (As Required)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Hard cooked egg yolks||3|
1. Soak garbanzos in water overnight or quickly soak them and drain the water.
2. Tuck cloves into half of the onion and add it to the pot with soaked garbanzos, parsley and bay leaves.
3. Cook garbanzos until soft.
4. Drain the garbanzos, reserve the liquid and remove the skins.
5. Take out bay leaves and parsley and discard them.
6. Take a saucepan add some oil and saute the chopped onion.
7. Take out cloves from cooked onion, and finely chop them before combing with the sauteed onion.
8. Puree the mixture in food processor or chop the egg yolks finely and add ½ of the garbanzos and add it to the bean liquid. Stir in onion and garbanzo mixture.
9. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve the garbanzo pottage with fried bread.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2231 Calories from Fat 600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.3%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 130.2 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 317 g105.7%
Dietary Fiber 86.7 g346.8%
Sugars 66 g
Protein 99 g197.5%
Vitamin A 10.7% Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 59.1% Iron 167.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet