Blonde Lentil Soup
|Celery stalks||3 , cut into large pieces|
|Carrots||5 Medium, thickly sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Monosodium glutamate||To Taste|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Shallots||3 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Champagne lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Sweet basil||To Taste|
1. Take pot and add onion, carrots, celery and MSG and cook until vegetables turn soft.
2. Remove onion and celery and pass the carrots through a sieve and add it back to stock.
3. Take a saucepan and melt butter, saute onions, shallots and garlic in it and cook until light brown. Pour the onions back to stock.
4. Stir in bay leaf, lemon peel, and lentils and cook on low heat for about 40-60 minutes and add more water if necessary to retain the original consistency.
5. When lentils turn soft, remove the bay leaf and stir in basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
6. Cook over low heat for another 20 minutes before serving.
7. Serve the blonde lentil soup hot with steamed rice.