Split Pea And Bacon Soup
|Unsmoked streaky bacon||100 Gram, rinded and chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Split peas||100 Gram|
|White stock/Water and chicken stock cube- 1 cube||900 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a cooker, heat the bacon and saute in its own fat until softened.
2) Stir in the butter or margarine and saute the onion without colouring.
3) Mix in the split peas, stock or water and stock cube and season.
4) Put the lid on the cooker and heat to high pressure.
5) Heat the bacon mixture for 12 minutes.
6) Lower the pressure slowly.
7) Using a hand blender, blend the soup or press through a sieve.
8) Heat the soup in the open cooker.
9) Check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
10) Garnish with reserved chopped parsley if desired and serve hot.