Farmhouse Vegetable Soup
|Carrots||2 , peeled and cut into small dice|
|Swede||1 , peeled and cut into small dice|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled and cut into small dice|
|Potatoes||1 , peeled and cut into small dice|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and roughly chopped|
|Leeks||2 Small, cleaned and thinly sliced|
|Brown stock/Water and beef stock cube- 1 cube||900 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Beurre manie||25 Gram, mixed with 15 milliliter flour (To Finish, Made With Butter)|
|Flour||15 Milliliter, mixed with beurre manie (To Finish, Tablespoon)|
1) In the cooker, mix together carrots, swede, parsnip, potatoes, onions and leeks, with the bay leaf, stock or water and stock cube and seasoning .
2) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
3) Put the lid on the cooker, heat to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Lower the pressure slowly and discard the bay leaf.
5) Heat and cook the soup in the open cooker.
6) Mix in the beurre manie in small pieces stirring continuously , until thickened.
7) Check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
8) Serve hot sprinkled with chopped parsley if desired.
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.7 mg4.6%
Sodium 1491.7 mg62.2%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 135.4% Vitamin C 88.8%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet