Cream Of Tomato Soup Using Milk
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Medium, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In 1 1/2 to 2-qt casserole place tomatoes, onion, sugar and bay leaf, combine well
3) Cover the casserole.
4) Microwave at High 7 to 10 minutes, or until tomatoes soften and flavors blend, stirring once or twice during cooking.
5) Sieve mixture (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups) and keep aside.
6) In 1 to 1 1/2-qt casserole melt butter at High 30 to 45 seconds.
7) Stir in flour and seasonings.
8) Blend in milk.
9) Microwave at High 4 to 5 minutes, or until thickened and bubbly, stirring after 2 minutes and then every minute.
10) Slowly add tomato mixture to thickened sauce, stirring constantly.
11) Serve the soup immediately.
12) Top individual servings with croutons or crisp, crumbled bacon, if liked.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g54.9%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.6 mg31.5%
Sodium 1126.3 mg46.9%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31%
Sugars 40.6 g
Protein 18 g36.1%
Vitamin A 104.4% Vitamin C 110%
Calcium 43.1% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet