Country Kitchen Soup
|Baby lima beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Small red beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow split peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green split peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lentils||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pinto beans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pearl barley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ham bone||1 Large|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||32 Ounce, chopped (2 cans, 16-ounce each)|
1) Wash beans and all other legumes.
2) Cover with cold water and set aside to soak overnight.
3) Take a saucepan and drained beans and legumes.
4) Stir in water and ham bone.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 2 1/2 hours.
6) Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes or more.
7) Spoon out the soup in individual bowls and serve immediately.
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.47 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.9 mg2%
Sodium 239.1 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.2%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 24.2%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet