Tomato And Orange Soup
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Carrots||2 Small, scraped and thinly sliced|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled and cut into small dice|
|Tomatoes||750 Gram, quartered|
|Oranges||1 , finely grated rind and juiced|
|White stock/Water and chicken stock cube- 1/2 cube||600 Milliliter|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Caster sugar||5 Milliliter|
|Single cream||30 Milliliter|
1) In the cooker, melt the butter or margarine and saute onion, carrots, and potato without colouring.
2) Stir in tomatoes, rind of 1 orange and juice of 2 oranges, bay leaf, stock or water and stock cube, salt, pepper and sugar.
3) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
4) Put the lid on the cooker, heat to high pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
5) Lower the pressure quickly.
6) Using a hand blender, blend the soup or press through a sieve.
7) Heat and cook the soup in the open cooker.
8) In a cup, mix together flour with milk to make a smooth paste.
9) Stir the milk mixture into the soup and heat to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
10) Check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
11) Garnish the soup by drizzling cream in the center and sprinkling orange rind.