Microwave Cooked Northern Bean Soup
|Northern beans||1 Pound|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Meaty ham bone/Diced ham - 2 cups||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery stalks||2 (1/4-inch slices)|
|Carrots||2 Large, thinly sliced|
1) Into a 5-quart casserole, add in the Northern Beans, water and salt. Let the casserole rest overnight. You may even rehydrate the soaked beans.
2) Next, add in the ham, onion, salt, pepper, marjoram, basil leaves and bay leaf.
3) Mix, cover and microwave on HIGH for 40 minutes. Stir in between a few times. The beans must become slightly tender and not completely soft.
4) Pull the bone out of the soup. Dice the meat up and transfer back into the casserole.
5) Next, add in the celery and carrots. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes. Stir in between a few times.
6) The vegetables and beans must be soft enough to your liking.
7) Fish out the bay leaf before serving the soup.
8) Serve the Northern Bean Soup garnished with chopped parsley leaves.