Microwave Cooked Hamburger And Bean Soup
|Frozen cut green beans||10 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Frozen cut wax beans||10 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Celery||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chopped|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Whole tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant beef bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Into a 2-quart casserole, add in the beans with water.
2) Cover the casserole and microwave for about 11 minutes on HIGH. Stir once halfway in between the cooking time.
3) When the beans have turned tender, drain. Keep aside.
4) In a 5-quart microwavable casserole, add in the ground beef, celery and onion. Mix and microwave for about 6 minutes.
5) When the meat loses its raw colour, after about 3 minutes, stir to break up the meat.
6) Drain the fat collected, reserving 3 tablespoons.
7) Into the casserole with the beef mixture add in the drained beans, hot water, mushrooms, tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, bouillon granules, salt, parsley flakes, oregano, thyme, garlic powder and pepper. Mix and cover the casserole.
8) Cook on HIGH for about 20 minutes. The flavours of all the ingredients must blend together well. Stir the mixture in between about 2 to 3 times.
9) Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes before serving.
10) Serve the Hamburger and Bean Soup garnished with a sprig of parsley.