Chilled Apple and Avocado Soup
|Golden delicious apples||2 , cored, peeled and quartered|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock/Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint, chilled|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe avocado||2 Teaspoon, cut in halves, peeled and stoned|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint|
1) Place an empty bowl in refrigerator to chill.
2) Dice the avocado into dices.
3) In a saucepan melt butter and saute apples and garam masala.
4) Simmer the apple stirring continuously, for about 5 minutes, until the apples are tender.
5) In a blender or food processor, place the apple mixture with the stock and lemon juice.
6) Process the apple mixture to a smooth puree.
7) Stir in the avocado to the apple mixture and process until smooth.
8) In a chilled bowl, transfer the soup and mix in half of the cream.
9) Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
10) Cover the bowl tightly with plastic film and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
11) Spoon the soup into individual bowls and dribble with the remaining cream.
12) Serve chilled immediately to avoid the avocado from discolouring.
Calories 273 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.8 mg18.3%
Sodium 523.6 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.7%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet