Creamy Turnip Soup
|Turnips||4 Cup (64 tbs), peeled & thinly sliced|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large, sliced|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a Dutch oven and combine the first 8 ingredients in it.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until vegetables become tender.
3) Take an electric blender and spoon the vegetable mixture into it. Process the mixture until smooth.
4) Return the mixture back into the Dutch oven and stir in half-and-half along with milk.
5) Cook over low heat or until mixture becomes thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
6) Pour the soup in 6 bowls and serve immediately.