Peanut and Celery Soup
|Celery stalks||4 , chopped|
|Crunchy peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (to serve)|
|Celery leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, preheat the oil and margarine.
2) Add the onion and celery and gently cook for about 5 minutes, till the onion is tender and lightly colored.
3) Add the broth and bring the contents to a boil.
4) Reduce the heat, cover the pan and gently simmer for about 30 minutes, till the celery is cooked and tender.
5) Let the mixture cool for a few minutes and then work it in a blender for some seconds, till smooth.
6) Rinse the pan and put the mixture back in it.
7) Place the pan over low heat, add the peanut butter and beat well.
8) Heat the mixture thoroughly till it is just boiling. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if required.
9) Into 4 warmed individual bowls, ladle the soup and stir 1 tablespoon of cream into each serving. Let the cream rise to the surface (a few seconds), sprinkle with chopped celery leaves and serve right away, while the soup is still hot. Makes an excellent appetizer.