Cream of Onion Soup
|Onions||500 Gram, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock/Water and chicken stock cube- 1 cube||900 Milliliter|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Corn flour||15 Milliliter|
|Single cream||30 Milliliter|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, freshly chopped (to garnish)|
1) In a cooker heat butter or margarine and saute onions gently, until soften without colouring.
2) Stir in the stock or water and stock cube and seasoning.
3) See that the cooker is not more than half full.
4) Put the lid on the cooker and heat to high pressure.
5) Allow to cook the onion mixture for 5 minutes.
6) Lower the pressure quickly.
7) Using a hand blender, blend the soup or press through a sieve.
8) Heat the soup in the open cooker.
9) In a cup, mix together flour with milk to make a smooth paste.
10) Stir the milk mixture into the soup and heat to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
11) Add in the cream and check and adjust the seasoning if needed.
12) Garnish with chives and serve hot.
Calories 230 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.9 mg9.6%
Sodium 443 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet