Hot and Sour Soup Meal
|Whole chicken breasts||4 Medium, skinned, boned & split|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|White pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon, finely ground|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Chinese pea pods||1⁄4 Pound|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, cut into thin strips|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Firm tofu||1 Pound, cut into bite-sized pieces (soybean curd)|
|Corn starch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
1) Cut the chicken into 1/8 inch slices.
2) Take a bowl and stir chicken slices in it with 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
3) Take a Dutch oven and heat oil in it. Add chicken slices and cook for about 3 minutes or until tender.
4) Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining soy sauce to the pan.
5) Add the next 7 ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
6) Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until vegetables become tender.
7) Add tofu and chicken. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat.
8) Take a small bowl and combine cornstarch with water. Stir to form a smooth paste.
9) Gradually add the mixture to the simmering soup. Keep stirring.
10) Sprinkle the soup with green onion and serve immediately.