|Dried legumes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (use 10 to 12 different kinds)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Barbecue sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper pod/Green chili - 1/2 teaspoon /1 teaspoon, crushed or chopped||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped (small)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
1) Wash legumes thoroughly and place in a large kettle.
2) Cover the legumes with 6 cups of cold water and soak overnight.
3) Take the kettle with legumes and add ginger without draining water.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until vegetables become tender.
5) Add all the remaining ingredients and bring mixture to a boil again. Reduce heat and simmer for another 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
6) Stir in water as per requirement.
7) Transfer mixture to a Crockpot and cook on high for 10-15 minutes. Reduce temperature to low and cook for 5-6 hours.
8) Spoon out bean soup in individual bowls and serve immediately.