Microwave Celery Soup
|Bacon slices||2 (3/4-Inch Slices)|
|Thinly sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Half and half/Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Into a 2-quart casserole, add in the bacon. Cover and microwave the casserole on HIGH for 2 1/2minutes. The bacon must brown well.
2) Into the casserole, add in the celery, onion and 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave for 8 minutes on HIGH till the vegetables becomed tender. Stir halfway through the cooking time.
3) Add in the flour, chevril, salt, pepper and celery seed. Stir well.
4) Next, add in 2 cups of milk and half and half. Without a cover on, microwave for about 11 minutes or till the mixture becomes thick. Stir about 4 times in between the cooking time.
5) Lastly, add in the cream and stir well.
6) Serve the Celery Soup garnished with chopped chevril.