Zero Point Soup
|Vegetable stock cubes||2 , dissolved in 1 liter or 1 3/4 pints hot water|
|Spring onions||1 Bunch (100 gm), trimmed and sliced finely|
|Carrot||1 , cut into fine strips|
|Thai 7 spice seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Leek||1 , shredded finely|
|Courgette||1 Small, finely shredded|
|Yellow pepper/Red pepper||1 Small, de-seeded and shredded finely|
|Savoy cabbage/White cabbage||1 3⁄4 Ounce, shredded coarsely (50 Gram)|
|Dried red chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh coriander/Parsley||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. Into a large saucepan pour the stock, add the spring onions and carrot and bring to the boil.
2. Then cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Add the thai seven-spice seasoning, leek, courgette, pepper, cabbage and the red chilli flakes, if using.
4. Replace the lid, bring back to a simmer and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
5. Season to taste then ladle the soup into warm bowls.
6. Serve, garnished with chopped fresh coriander or parsley.