Microwave Butter Bean Soup
|Butter beans||8 Ounce|
|Soda bicarbonate/Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onions||8 Ounce|
|Streaky bacon||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Hot chicken stock||1 Pint|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint (Thin Variety)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a large bowl filled with plenty of water, soak the butter beans with a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda. Let the beans soak for 12 hours. Drain and keep aside.
2) In a deep casserole, melt the butter. Add in the chopped onions and bacon. Saute a while before covering and cooking for 5 minutes. Stir once in between.
3) Next, toss in the drained butter beans.
4) Sprinkle the mixed herbs, salt and pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes while stirring once in between.
5) Let the soup rest in the casserole for 15 minutes.
6) Before serving, stir in the cream. Pour into individual soup bowls.
7) Garnish with chopped parsley leaves.