Celery and Sunflower Soup
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , peeled and finely chopped|
|Diced celery||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Sunflower seeds||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock/Water||1 Pint (750 Milliliter)|
|Dill weed||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Natural yoghurt||5 Fluid Ounce (150 Milliliter)|
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and fry onion for about 2-3 minutes, then add sunflower seeds and celery for about 2 minutes, until seeds get toasted lightly.
2. Stir in boiling vegetable water or stock and add the herbs.
3. Boil the soup, and simmer for half hour or pressure cook for 10 minutes.
4. Cool the soup slightly, and blend until it turns smooth.
5. Season the soup to taste.
6. Stir in yogurt and reheat the soup before serving.
7. Serve the Celery and Sunflower soup chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1014 Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g121.6%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.2 mg6.4%
Sodium 1566.8 mg65.3%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g79%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 49.2% Iron 55.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet