Cream of Green Bean Soup
|Fresh green beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Small, peeled and quartered|
|Chopped fresh chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||2 Small, crushed|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1) Clean the beans and trim ends and strings, if needed.
2) Chop them into 2-inch piece.
3) In a large saucepan, mix together beans and next five ingredients and bring to a boil.
4) Cover the saucepan and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
5) Season with salt and pepper.
6) Pour about half bean mixture and smoothen it with an electric blender. And then with remaining mixture.
7) Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and fold in sour cream and lemon juice.
8) Cook the soup little and stir constantly.
9) Serve the cream of green bean soup hot.
Calories 108 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.9 mg6.3%
Sodium 358.6 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 2 g4%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet