Iced Cucumber Soup
|Chicken stock cube||2|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled and cubed|
|Spring onions||6 , chopped|
|Corn flour||1 Ounce|
|Green color||2 Drop|
1) In a large pan, scramble and stir the chicken stock cubes in the water until dissolved.
2) Add the cucumber and spring onions, then simmer until the vegetables are softened.
3) Press the vegetables through a sieve, then return the puree to the pan.
4) In a bowl, blend the corn flour with the milk until smooth.
5) Stir into the soup, bring to a boil and simmer over a low heat for 3 minutes.
6) Remove from heat, then stir in the cream and a few drops of green food coloring.
7) Adjust the seasoning and refrigerate the soup until thoroughly chilled.
8) Garnish the Iced Cucumber Soup with thinly sliced cucumber and serve chilled.