Irish Turnip And Bacon Soup
|Brown onion||3 , chopped|
|Salt pork||3⁄4 Pound, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Potato||2 , chopped into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Turnip||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced thinly|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. In a stock pot heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onions and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until they are translucent.
3. Add the bacon and continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and turnips. Combine well and lower the heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil uncovered.
6. Lower to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
7. Season with black pepper and nutmeg to taste.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve.
For more information please visit http://www.SimpleFoodie.com/