Easy Lentil Soup
|Lentil||1 Pound, rinsed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Yellow onion||1 , peeled & sliced in half|
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Thyme sprig||1 , leaves removed from the stem and diced|
1. In a stock pot combine the lentils, clove, onion, bay leaf, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes. Continuously skim the foam from the top.
2. Remove the clove, yellow onion, and bay leaf.
3. Add the crushed garlic, thyme, and butter.
4. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For more information http://www.SimpleFoodie.com/
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg2.7%
Sodium 607.7 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.6 g70.5%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 16 g31.9%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 24.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet