Vegetable Cheese Soup
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Scalded milk||1 Pint|
|Grated cheddar cheese||8 Ounce|
|Carrots||4 Ounce, cooked and finely chopped|
|Celery sticks||2 , chopped|
1) In a saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender.
2) Remove from heat and then stir in the flour.
3) Gradually stir in the scalded milk and stock.
4) Bring to a boil, stir continuously and simmer for 3 minutes.
5) Stir in the grated cheese, chopped carrots and celery.
6) Season with salt and pepper to taste, then simmer for another 15 minutes.
7) Ladle the Vegetable Cheese Soup into soup bowls and serve hot.