Baby Lima Bean Soup
|Frozen lima beans||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Regular strength chicken broth||28 Ounce (2 Cans, 14 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and cut in 4 pieces|
|Celery stalk||1 Small|
|Bacon slices||4 , cooked crisp|
1. In a 2 to 3-quart saucepan add lima beans, chicken broth, onion, carrot, celery, and salt.
2. Boil the mixture, decrease heat and cook for 15 minutes over simmering heat.
3. Transfer soup in batches in blender jar until pureed.
4. Strain the puree through a wire strainer.
5. Transfer into pan and reheat.
6. Serve in a heated soup tureen.
7. Crumble bacon over it.