|Young nettles||1⁄2 Pint, chopped|
|Plain flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Single cream||3 Tablespoon|
|Wholemeal croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) Wash the nettles well. Pull out the tough stems or unwanted leaves.
2) Pat dry the nettles and roughly chop them.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter. Saute the onions till they become transparent. Add in the chopped nettles.
4) Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
5) Add in the flour. Cook for a minutes while stirring. Add in the milk and chicken stock. Let the mixture come to a boil. Keep stirring.
6) Add in salt and pepper. Cook covered on low flame for 10 minutes.
7) Transfer the mixture into a blender.
8) Add the blended paste back into the saucepan.
9) Pour in the cream. Heat the mixture but do not let it boil.
10) Serve the Nettle Soup hot with whole meal croutons on the side.