Pumpkin And Apple Soup
|Pumpkin||5 Pound, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks (2 Kilograms)|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Cooking apples||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Stock cubes||3 , crumbled|
|Bacon rashers||2 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Frankfurters||4 , sliced diagonally (Thin Ones)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a heavy based saucepan, combine the pumpkin, onion apple, water, stock cubes, nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste together.
2) Bring to a boil, then simmer for about 40 minutes.
3) Cool slightly then puree in a blender or press through a sieve.
4) Return the soup into the saucepan and heat thoroughly.
5) In a pan, saute the bacon pieces and frankfurters until the bacon fat is clear and the frankfurters lightly browned.
6) Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on absorbent paper and stir into the soup.
7) Just before serving, stir in the cream and heat thoroughly.
8) Ladle the Pumpkin and Apple Soup in soup bowls and serve hot.