Easy Pumpkin Soup
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Pumpkin puree||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Whole grain croutons||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted (For Garnish)|
1) Prepare the ingredients.
2) In a small skillet, in oil, saute onions until golden but do not let them brow.
3) In a blender container, put the sauteed onions with little chicken stock and blend until pureed.
4) In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine onion mixture, remaining stock and pumpkin puree.
5) Heat the soup, add nutmeg.
6) Add toasted croutons to soup and serve hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 896 Calories from Fat 397
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.8%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.6 mg7.2%
Sodium 1218.4 mg50.8%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35.1%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.3%
Sugars 40.4 g
Protein 30 g59%
Vitamin A 2288.7% Vitamin C 64%
Calcium 24% Iron 66.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet