Bean And Sesame Soup
|Lima beans||6 Ounce|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Stalk celery||4 , trimmed and sliced|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable stock||3 1⁄2 Pint|
|Sesame seeds||1 Ounce|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a bowl, add in the beans. Add enough cold water to cover the beans. Let it rest overnight.
2) In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the onions and celery. Fry for about 5 minutes.
3) Add in the drained beans into the pan. Next, pour in the stock. Let the mixture come to a boil. Turn down the flame and cook covered for 60 minutes.
4) On a baking tray, spread the sesame seeds. Grill the seeds till golden brown.
5) Drain the cooked beans and veggies. Keep the cooking liquid aside.
6) Into the blender, add in the beans, veggies and sesame seeds. Puree the mixture till it becomes smooth.
7) Transfer the puree back into the pan. Add in the reserved cooking liquid, sour cream and chopped parsley.
8) Heat the mixture without letting it boil. Season the soup with salt and pepper.
9) Serve the Bean and Sesame Soup hot along with chopped nuts on top.