Cream Of Broccoli Soup
|Chicken broth||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Frozen broccoli||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Grams)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seasoned pepper||To Taste|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chives/Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped (Or As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, combine the chicken broth, broccoli and bay leaf together.
2) Cover and bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
3) In another saucepan, melt the butter.
4) Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth, cook for 1 to 2 minutes without browning.
5) Pour in the milk and stir over a medium heat until the soup comes to a boil and slightly thickens.
6) Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf.
7) Transfer the soup into a blender and blend until the soup is smooth.
8) Then add the white sauce and blend again to thoroughly combine.
9) Just before serving, bring the soup to just below boiling point.
10) Garnish with chopped chives or parsley and serve the Cream of Broccoli Soup with fried sippets.