|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), seasoned (Or As Required)|
|Carrots||2 , scraped and sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Bacon rashers/Some bacon rind||3|
|Stock||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/1 tablespoon dry sherry||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a saucepan, joint and place the oxtail, cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
2) Strain, pat dry the joints and roll them in seasoned flour.
3) In a large saucepan, fry the oxtail pieces in butter or oil until evenly brown on all sides.
4) Remove the pieces with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
5) In the same saucepan, add the vegetables and saute until lightly browned.
6) Return the oxtail pieces into the saucepan, then add the bouquet garni, bacon and stock.
7) Gradually bring to a boil and simmer for minimum 2 hours.
8) Then remove the ox tail pieces with a slotted spoon and allow the soup
to cool, overnight if required.
9) Remove the meat from the bones, shred finely and return to the soup.
10) Just before serving, skim off any surface fat from the cooled soup.
11) Stir in either lemon juice or sherry and gradually bring to a boil.
12) Ladle the Oxtail Soup in soup bowls and serve hot.