Chicken and Black Bean Soup
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 3-quart pot, in enough cold water to cover, soak beans overnight.
2) Next day, drain the beans.
3) To the beans, add fresh water to cover, and then simmer until they are almost tender (about 2 hours).
4) In a large skillet, cook all the
chopped vegetables in oil until they are almost tender and then add to the beans.
5) Add chicken stock and simmer until beans are tender.
6) Remove the skillet from heat and allow to cool slightly.
7) When cool, puree the ingredients in an electric blender.
8) Return the puree to pot, add lemon juice.
9) Heat the soup and serve with snipped chives.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1292 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.9%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.4 mg4.8%
Sodium 741.1 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.8%
Dietary Fiber 33.4 g133.5%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 54 g107.9%
Vitamin A 28.2% Vitamin C 258.7%
Calcium 32.8% Iron 61.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet