Chicken And Black Bean Soup
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 3-quart pot, in enough cold water to cover, soak beans overnight.
2) Next day, drain the beans.
3) To the beans, add fresh water to cover, and then simmer until they are almost tender (about 2 hours).
4) In a large skillet, cook all the
chopped vegetables in oil until they are almost tender and then add to the beans.
5) Add chicken stock and simmer until beans are tender.
6) Remove the skillet from heat and allow to cool slightly.
7) When cool, puree the ingredients in an electric blender.
8) Return the puree to pot, add lemon juice.
9) Heat the soup and serve with snipped chives.