Beef and Celery Root Soup
|Beef shanks||3 Pound, sliced|
|Salad oil/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Beef stock base/9 beef bouillon cubes||3 Tablespoon|
|Celery roots||2 Pound, pared and diced in bite-size pieces|
|Leeks||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Finely shredded parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large Dutch oven or soup kettle heat oil and brown.
2. Push meat on one side, add onion and carrots.
3. Saute the onions stirring occasionally.
4. Sprinkle salt over it.
5. Add water and stir.
6. Cover and simmer slowly for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
7. Drain out meat from stock and cool slightly.
8. Scrape the meat and dice it. Discard bones and fat.
9. Skim the scum from stock and boil.
10. Stir in beef stock base.
11. Add celery root and simmer for 10 minutes.
12. Trim coarse fibrous leaves from leeks and halve lengthwise. Wash and slice.
13. Stir in to the broth, add meat and simmer for 5 minutes.
14. Sprinkle cheese over it and pass some more.
Calories 638 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 125.7 mg41.9%
Sodium 853.5 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 62 g124%
Vitamin A 47.4% Vitamin C 32.8%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 43.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet