Fava Bean Vegetable Soup
|Dried fava beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned regular strength beef broth||56 Ounce (4 Cans Of 14 Ounce Each)|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled and diced|
|Celery stalk||1 , finely chopped|
|Green apple||1 Large, peeled and sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄8 Pound (4 Tablespoon)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
1. Rinse beans and clean well.
2. In a 6-quart pan add beans and beef broth. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
4. Add potato and celery.
5. Boil again, cover and simmer for 3 hours until tender.
6. In a pan heat butter and Saute apple, onion, and curry until cooked.
7. Add beans and stir to mix.
8. Pour Worcestershire and milk. Cook over simmer.
9. Transfer into blender jar and whirl.
10. Strain through a fine wire strainer.
11. Alternately transfer mixture through a wire strainer.
12. Serve immediately.